Friday, December 7, 2007

Heavens to Etsy!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

I have fallen in love with Etsy.com. For those of you unfamiliar with this amazing site, here is a brief description from the website:

"Etsy is an online marketplace for buying & selling all things handmade. Our mission is to enable people to make a living making things, and to reconnect makers with buyers. Our vision is to build a new economy and present a better choice:

Buy, Sell, and Live Handmade."

Etsy is pretty much my new favorite place to shop. I love making things and hope some day to make a living of my own from my own imagination and creations. I love supporting people who have been able to at least begin to fulfill that dream for themselves. I've found some absolutely amazing and unique things there as well. I've ordered a few things from artists around the country and even a couple of things from France. It's such an amazing community. I just love it!

Why not check out my favorites list at :

Trista's Etsy Favorites

and then create an account and make your own? You might even be able to finish a bit of that soon-to-be-last-minute Christmas shopping.

Here are some of the wonderful finds I have made:

Tea (red) - pocket mirror


Soap Sampler



If you need any other suggestions, I'd be happy to make them!

I welcome you to the world of buying handmade!

No comments: