Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

So I've been MIA for a few weeks. Christmas business and all that. We enjoyed the holiday very much. The time with family was much enjoyed and as usual the food was amazing! I was able to finish 3 scarfs, and Taylor's blanket. Taylor's blanket had some *ahem* issues. Somewhere between here and my hometown one edge ended up very terribly curved. However, after some whining and almost sobbing I was able to think of a way to fix the seemingly unfixable. The curve of the blanket had made it somewhat resemble the edging of a shawl. Knowing my sister and remembering how she likes to wrap blankets around her shoulders , I tied some yarn to each side of the crooked edge and turned it into a shawl! Happily, all ended well as she loved it and is using it exactly how I imagined. I think that will be my last foray into crocheting for a while. I simply love to knit and am quite addicted! Before we move on entirely, however, here is a picture of Taylor and E cuddled up under Taylor's blanket/shawl:

Just in case you were wondering, I ended up getting my amazing Knit Picks Harmony needles for Christmas!!! I am SO very excited. Dear Hubby did very well!


I am SO excited that I can knit something that doesn't require size 8 needles (which were all I previously owned!) He also went shopping on my Etsy favorites list. He did such a wonderful job :-)

I'm currently working on a scarf for my grandmother in mistake rib. I am in love with mistake rib right now. It is so simple and knits up beautifully. I've decided that in the coming weeks I'm going to take the plunge and learn to knit in the round! There is so much about knitting I want to learn and I enjoy it so, but in truth I am such a novice.

I have no real New Year's Resolutions this year. Instead I've been thinking about certain habits, tendencies, etc. of mine that lead to overall unpleasantness in life in general. I am trying to be more conscious of these tendencies and instead of being overwhelmed by them, I am hoping to bring them down to size and change them.

I welcome all kinds of encouragement and prayers in this area of life.

No comments: