Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Creativity Awakened



I'm not sure what has gotten into me, but for the past couple of weeks I've been on a creativity binge. The amazing thing about this is that I have been driven to create and learn and not just ponder an idea as I usually do. This is at once a good thing and a bad thing. It is wonderful because I'm thoroughly enjoying myself and because I feel that this part of me is deeply rooted in who I am. The bad thing is that I find myself very bored with other things... such as work. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my job and it is infinitely better here than the place that shall not be named, but somedays I feel like I was born to be a housewife--or at least spend my days in pursuit of creativity and "homemaking." I feel a little trapped by the confines of a 40 hour office job, but it seems that at this point, this is where I need to be. Need to and want to are two very different things. I truly hope that one day I am able to further explore this side of myself and perhaps turn these passions of mine into something tangible and maybe even profitable. In honor of my creative spirit, here are a pictures of a few things I have "created" this week.


My first detailed pumpkin carving endeavour on my straight from the Pumpkin Patch Pumpkin


My Masterpiece All Lit Up


My First Loom Knit Scarf (before I added the fringes)



And my seemingly never-ending Work in Progress, Pranav's Blanket

I welcome creative inspiration!

1 comment:

chrissie k said...

Another reason to hold off having those kiddies ;) They sure put a damper on the amount of time you get to spend w/ your creative juices.

Hope you are well. I enjoy reading your blog!!